Monday, October 11, 2010

Bad service with such reputed names

I always wonder whether it’s only me who is so unfortunate when it comes to public dealing or is it about everyone and I am just more vocal then others?

Recently, I shifted to Hyderabad and decided to use Agarwal Packers and Movers for relocation. I heard lots of good things about them but my experience has been bad in short.

They promised to bring wooden frames for packing stuff like fridge and washing machine but they never got same on packing day. As a result my refrigerator got so many scratches. :(

Also, while packing Gas Stove + empty cylinder, they told me that no need to enter Cylinder separately as it is part of Gas Stove. When I received my stuff, Cylinder is missing now they give me excuses like it is not mentioned in the list. Customer care is not at all helpful.

I would never ever recommend any one to use Agarwal Packers and Movers. They promise big but deliver NILL.

And then our good old LIC. I am jinxed for sure. :(

My DH wanted to get term insurance from LIC, a good principal of PF right. I couldn't find even a single agent ready to do that. Even the online site, PolicyBazaar cheated, took the money, and never gave the policy. Finally, one agent agreed to make a term policy but after the cheque got cleared he forced my DH to first buy a huge ULIP through him and then only he will process term papers. Literal blackmailing.

No wonders I HATE LIC. :(

My personal rants, genuine feedback on the kind of service I receive.

9 comments:

  1. I am shocked to read about LIC. I thought it's really a very good service provider. (though, I don't have any experience with LIC.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment too. I have Term insurance from LIC and got it without hassles. I think you should contact LIC office neaby. They wud surely be of help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it so? Can i talk to LIC without agents? In that case I was unaware about this. I'll definitely use this next time. Thanks for this info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am with you about being very unfortunate wrt any kind of customer service.Or maybe like you said, I choose to be more vocal and show my dissatisfaction without any hesitation.
    I have used the services of another local movers and packers company and my experience wasn't any different. I think its more to do with the mentality with which people start their business. Never mind, this comment is getting bigger than the post itself :P
    About LIC, I too plan to take a TI, hope I don't face similar problems. Keeping fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And btw, hope you have a good stay in your new city.! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its an adventure every day so far... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get BSL Packers and Movers in Chennai. The leading packers and movers company is now located with its branch offices at kilpauk, Koyembedu, T Nagar, Egmore, Thiruverkadu. http://www.bslpackers.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. one good thing about bloggers is we do not hide under words like 'the only public sector big life insurance company'..thanks for naming them. This is cheating and black mailing - i have not seen your profile nor your location, but my suggestion is go to LIC and SCREAM, scream shrill. If you know a 3 year old take him/ her along and scream. Say you have been cheated you will go to the ombudsman and Irda. Normally they do not care, but sometimes they do. Happy to carry your story on my blog - also try Deepak Shenoy, Manish Chauhan, Varma, when 4 men, 1 woman and the 3 year old kid scream together it will be loud enough right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Subra Sir I am obliged to have you visit my blog.. I am big fan of your blog..

    ReplyDelete