Monday, March 8, 2010

I am not Impressed with this Frugal Tip


Yes, I do read lots of PF blogs. My GRS has approximately 50 of them. One thing that I have noticed is that many PF bloggers talk about same topics or tips at same time, and few of them don't even bother to link to the original post they got the idea from. May be I am being too sarcastic, it's just a co-incidence.

Recently I came across a tip on many many blogs, last one was at Times' Money. Tips that they claim to save money is to celebrate only special birthdays. Like 16th, 18th, 21st, and 30th and so on.

When first time I read about it (I should have saved it's link somewhere, darn it), it sounded so crazy but now after reading at some 3-4 places, I thought someone is really serious about it.

No way that I am ever going to do this. (I think now-a-days I have become too selective of frugal tips.) I will never do that. I seriously don't want to be an old lady in future who has lots of money in her bank but no memories, stories for her future generations. :)

I will rather always celebrate my birthday every year and have loads and loads of photographs of my aging process. :)

How about you? Will you skip celebrating a birthday to save some money?

No comments:

Post a Comment